Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome


I decided it’s time that I start a blog. Otherwise, in even just a couple years, Robby will be saying “remember how Riles used to make that flared-nostril, sly smiley face while she pooped?” and I’ll vaguely recall something or other. Whether it’s the sleep deprivation or the age, all that I know (and my mom will kindly vouch for this), is that my memory is terrible! unless sealed with pictures or written entries. So enjoy as you’d like, but I think this blog is more for me than you.


The blogs title “No more siestas on Siesta,” is as good as my post pregnant brain can come up with. If you didn’t know or didn’t put it together, we live on Siesta Drive. Other than the strong attempts for an afternoon glass of wine or an espresso, the option of a good nap is out of the question. Riley never wants to miss out, hence, no solid naps. The girl is stoked on sleeping in the car, in the stroller, or in the Ergo...but in a crib? even a swingy chair thing? Rarely. One of these days I will capture on video how hard she fights sleep when she is clearly exhausted. At least it’s pretty great that even things like that are so ridiculously adorable. As you probably know, I am loving being a mom and am excited to share all the hilarious and memorable things that life with this little one offers. So welcome to our blog!

1 comment:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL picture!! It really does go by so fast, and as hard as you try, you really won't remember the details! So enjoy blogging, and we will enjoy reading! Soak her in, she is going to grow faster than you will ever believe!
    Love,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete